Webinar: Slope Stability analysis with LimitState:GEO
Who should watch?
The webinar will be of interest to practicing geotechnical engineers; civil and structural engineers and those with a responsibility for, or exposure to, geotechnical design.
- Introduction to Slope Stability Analysis.
- Limit Analysis vs Limit Equilibrium.
- Factor of Safety. Analysis to Eurocode 7.
- Modelling of water. Layered slopes. Pre-existing slip surfaces.
- Retaining walls and foundations on slopes.
- Reinforced slopes.
- Discover the benefits of the innovative technology used by LimitState:GEO
- See how LimitState:GEO can be used to rapidly determine the critical failure mechanism and margin of safety for slopes and to carry out 'what if' calculations interactively.
- Learn how LimitState:GEO can be used to prepare designs in accordance with Eurocode7
- See how LimitState:GEO overcomes many of the inherent issues associated with hand calculations, 'single application' software programs and finite element packages.
During the webinar, LimitState:GEO is used to solve a range of practical examples and illustrate how the software can be applied in practice.
What’s different about LimitState:GEO?
Prior to the launch of LimitState:GEO, geotechnical engineers had to rely either on hand calculation methods, a suite of 'single application' software programs (focussed e.g. only on slope or retaining wall stability), or on significantly more complex finite element packages. With the new technology used by LimitState:GEO any type of stability problem can be solved - but far more straightforwardly than when using a finite element package. The software also fits in well with the partial factors approach used in Eurocode 7, which is generally independent of problem type.