Eurocode 7 Analysis with LimitState:GEO
Eurocode 7 is based on limit state design principles and became mandatory in 2010. It moves away from working stresses and application specific overall factors of safety to a limit state design approach and (in most cases) unified, non-application specific, partial factors.
LimitState:GEO is a general purpose ultimate limit state geotechnical analysis software tool which has been designed from the outset to make the transition to Eurocode 7 as painless as possible.
Under Eurocode 7, partial factors are selected depending on the nature of the loads (actions). Different factors are applied if loads (actions) are:
More information is available in our presentation:
LimitState:GEO for Eurocode 7
The use of unified partial factors in Eurocode 7 makes use of generic ultimate limit state analysis software such as LimitState:GEO applicable to most geotechnical problem types.
LimitState:GEO fully embraces the use of partial factors:
- Permanent, variable and accidental load specification
- Unfavourable/favourable load specification
- User can specify any partial factor set
- Multiple scenarios can be solved together
- Practical Application of Geotechnical Limit Analysis in Limit State Design .
- Download our "Quick Guide" to Eurocode 7
- Watch a video demonstrating the use of partial factors with LimitState:GEO.
- View the LimitState:GEO manual page dealing with the use of partial factors.