Webinar: Working Platform Analysis using LimitState:GEO (LSWEB14-5)
NOTE CHANGE OF DATE - NOW 5 JUNE
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am BST
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am UTC
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am CEST
- Overview of working platform analysis
- Principles of computational Ultimate Limit State analysis
- Working platform analysis with LimitState:GEO, including:
- Layered soils
- Influence of water table
- Stability near slopes
- Geosynthetic reinforcement
- Discover the benefits of the innovative technology used by LimitState:GEO
- Learn how LimitState:GEO can be used to prepare undertake Working Platform analysis and how it compares with BRE470 design calculations.
Who should attend?
The webinar will be of interest to practicing geotechnical engineers; civil and structural engineers and those with a responsibility for, or exposure to, geotechnical design. Current and potential future users of LimitState:GEO are all welcome.
What’s different about LimitState:GEO?
Prior to the launch of LimitState:GEO, geotechnical engineers had to rely either on hand calculation methods, a suite of 'single application' software programs (focussed e.g. only on slope or retaining wall stability), or on significantly more complex finite element packages. With the new technology used by LimitState:GEO any type of stability problem can be solved - but far more straightforwardly than when using a finite element package. The software also fits in well with the partial factors approach used in Eurocode 7, which is generally independent of problem type.