SaBRE / University of Sheffield / LimitState CPD Course - Geotechnical Limit Analysis to Eurocode 7
SaBRE & The Department of Civil and Structural Engineering at the University of Sheffield, in collaboration with LimitState Ltd, are pleased to be offering a 1-day Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course on Geotechnical Limit Analysis to Eurocode 7, to be held at the IStructE in London on 25th March.
A key feature of the course is the use of 'hands-on' computer sessions which allow participants to explore design problems in a highly visual and interactive manner, using the innovative LimitState:GEO analysis software.
Course participants will also:
- Learn how to apply Eurocode 7 Design Approach 1 (as adopted by the UK) to the design of shallow footings, retaining walls, slopes, and combined problems, whether by hand or using numerical analysis methods.
- Become familiar with the language of Eurocode 7 (e.g. Actions, Effects of Actions and Resistances) and its interpretation.
- Appreciate the changes in philosophy between existing design codes and Eurocode 7.
- Become aware of key issues which arise when applying limit analysis and limit equilibrium approaches (and also other analytical or numerical methods) to geotechnical problems, including common errors.
- Gain an understanding of the theoretical basis of the LimitState:GEO limit analysis software, which has been designed with Eurocode 7 specifically in mind (for more information see: www.limitstate.com/geo).
- Also, through 'hands on' computer sessions, be able to apply this software in practice to foundation, retaining wall and slope design problems.
Registration is £285 exc. VAT per person if booked before 1st March (£335 exc. VAT after this date) – all bookings must be made before 15th March. The registration fee includes notes & handouts, refreshments & lunch and a certificate of attendance.
Places are limited and are expected to be filled quickly - for more information about this course or to register, please visit www.limitstate.com/sabre or email Ian Proctor (Commercial Manager at SaBRE) on firstname.lastname@example.org (secure online credit-card payment is available on the website).